Data4Action Essentials Course
Module 01: OverviewIntroduction
Who Can Attend This Course?
What is Data4action?
How it Works?
Module 02: Survey DevelopmentDevices & App2 Topics|1 Quiz
Survey Design5 Topics
Survey Questions8 Topics
Assign Survey2 Topics
Module 03: Theme & OptionsSurvey Theme2 Topics
Survey Options11 Topics
Module 04: Survey TestingTest and Flow4 Topics
Module 05: Survey LaunchingSurvey Launching3 Topics
Module 06: Survey ResultsResults & Submissions6 Topics
Download Results4 Topics
Results Visualization6 Topics
Edit A Published Survey
During the setup of a survey, it is possible to make quick and easy modifications by switching between Test Mode and Edit Mode.
After a survey has been published, it is no longer possible to edit your survey by switching survey modes. The reason that we lock down the survey after it has been published is that the survey on the device must match the survey in the Data4Action database in every way. If it does not match, the results will not map to the structure in the database and the results will be useless. The solution to this restriction is to duplicate your published survey, edit the duplicated survey and then republish it.
After editing and re-publishing, a survey, the results from your original survey and results from your re-published survey are stored in separate files in your Data4Action account. This means that you will have to download these files separately to obtain all the results for your project or campaign.
We recommend you test your survey on a physical device before publishing / purchasing a survey. If required use the Edit a Published / Purchased process sparingly to reduce the fragmentation of your survey results.
In this example the published survey called Cold Chain Inventory Assessment Survey has been published. To modify its survey design, follow below steps:
- Find survey you want to edit
- Click on Edit Survey button
- Enter a new Survey Name and click on the Edit Published Survey button. We recommend that you enter a variation of the original survey name. For example, Copy of or Version-2 So you can easily identify it.
- A copy of the original survey will be created and listed in the Survey Management screen with the new survey name you have entered.
- Go to Surveys tab and find new survey you created
- Click on new survey to update and modify
- Test your new survey by click on Switching to Test Mode
- Publish survey by navigating to the Publish Tab and selecting the Publish button
- Go to the Devices tab and assign the survey to your device.
- Make sure that your new survey design is correct before re-publishing.
- Select Publish Survey from Survey Shortcuts to quickly view the Publish tab. After re-publishing, the original published survey will be set to expire in 1 day and your replacement survey will have an updated expiry date calculated from your original survey.